Thursday June 14, 2012
- Near the Palestinian Arab town of El Hader on the Gush Etzion-Hebron Highway. A firebomb, or Molotov Cocktail, is thrown at an Israeli vehicle
- Near Eshkolot in the southern Hebron Hills: Palestinian Arabs attempted to hijack an Israeli truck and its driver. Fortunately, the driver managed to evade the attack and reached the community of Negahot safely.
- During the Sabbath (Friday night to Saturday night) two rockets were fired from Sinai into southern Israel (we reported on these - see "16-Jun-12: Behind Friday's rocket attacks on the Negev"), striking and exploding near Mitzpeh Rimon and the community of Shacharot.
- Hebron: Repeated rock-throwing attacks on local Jewish residents by Palestinian Arabs during and after funerals for the victims of road accident victims. One person was injured by the mob attacks.
- The Israel Navy identified and apprehended a sailing vessel that had departed from the port of Gaza and had deviated from the sea route that was approved for it. Israeli naval forces arrested two suspects. One gave signs of distressed breathing and received urgent treatment by a Magen David Adom ambulance team.
- On the major Route 443 near Bet Horon (the road runs from near Tel Aviv Ben Gurion Airport into northern Jerusalem) a pair of Palestinian Arabs hijacked a Toyota Corola from its owner/driver, a 27 year old Israeli male. The Israeli was beaten but did not suffer serious injuries. The matter continues to be under investigation by Israel Police. [Additional details reported here.]
- Three mortar rounds crash into southern Israel, adjacent to the security fence. [See our report: "17-Jun-12: Mortar attack on southern Israel this afternoon"
- Near Libne Junction in the Yatir region of the Southern Hebron Hills: an attempted kidnapping and truck theft by three Palestinian Arabs who tried to kidnap the Israeli driver. He, acting in self-defense, opened fire on the assailants and was moderately injured. Two of the Palestinian Arabs suffered fatal injuries; one is injured. Former Kadima MK Avi Dichter related to the continuous attacks against Jews and Israeli vehicles on the roads of Judea and Samaria saying: "It is very easy for such situations to deteriorate into terror attacks even when the first intention is criminal. For example the horrendous murder of the Fogel family that began as a desire to steal and resulted in the murder of the family. Both the IDF and Israeli police must respond to these threats and prevent them from happening."
- Terror attack [see "18-Jun-12: They're attacking on Israel's Egyptian border again this morning"] near the Philadelphi Route in the region of Kadesh Barnea.
These reports are translated and publicized by Hatzalah Yehudah and Shomron with the clearance and confirmation of the IDF. Hatzalah Yehudah and Shomron is a voluntary emergency medical organization with over 500 volunteer doctors, paramedics, medics who are on call 24/7 and work along with the IDF, 669 IAF Airborn Rescue, the security officers and personal throughout Yesha and the Jordan Valley, and with MDA.