|Israel Police released this photo of Corporal M [Source]|
Now the realities of the world are back on the screen in front of us, and it's time to again address the ongoing war of terror being waged by the Palestinian Arabs and their backers.
Despite our prayers and hopes, it has again been a day filled with lethal violence - and Palestinian Arab children are at the heart of the barbarism.
- A female serving with the Border Police, identified only as Corporal M in a Ynet report, came under attack this morning by a knife-wielding Palestinian Arab female. The assault took place at the entrance to the Border Police base in Kiryat Arba where M was doing guard duty. The terrorist approached her and stabbed her. Despite suffering a wound to the hand, M shot the assailant dead. "The terrorist came to the guarding post and asked me to direct her to a certain street in the area. I told her I did not recognize the name and that she should ask the locals how to get there. All of a sudden she drew out a knife and tried to stab me in the neck. I took a step back and shot the terrorist without hesitating"... [Corporal M via Ynet] The attacker was later identified as Biyan Assila, age 16, of Hebron.
- About half an hour after the Kiryat Arba attack, another took place in Jerusalem’s Armon Hanatziv neighbourhood. (The same area was in the news on Tuesday when two civilians were murdered there by a pair of Palestinian Arabs.) A Palestinian Arab teenage boy – who Times of Israel says had been stopped for routine questioning amid the current heightened tensions – pulled out a knife (a huge one - see picture) and attempted to stab the officers. They responded quickly and all escaped injury. The boy, later identified in the Palestinian Arab media as Muataz Awisat, 16, from the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Jabel Mukaber, died of his injuries.
- A little later in the day, yet another knife-equipped attacker, now identified as Fadel Muhammad Qawasmeh, 18, of Hebron, approached an Israeli civilian male returning from Sabbath morning prayers in the Tomb of the Patriarchs, pulled out a knife and lunged at him attempting to stab him. Israel National News says the Jewish man "managed to avoid injury, opening fire and killing the terrorist with his pistol." The attacker died of his injuries. Note that his surname sounds an extremely unpleasant tone among Israelis with a memory: Qawasmehs were at the heart of the searing murder of three Israeli teenage boys last year - see "30-Sep-14: Martyrs and monsters" (if this has been reported in the news, we are unaware of it).
- Also in Kiryat Arba today, an IDF soldier suffered moderate injuries to his upper body after a knifing attack at a security checkpoint. Other security personnel at the scene shot the attacker, leaving him seriously injured. Medics from Magen David Adom (MDA) gave initial emergency treatment to the soldier who was then rushed to Hadassah Ein Kerem hospital in Jerusalem for further treatment.
- Another stabbing attack was reported just a short time ago tonight (8:00 pm Israel time) in Kiryat Arba. Details to follow.
- At about 8:30 pm Saturday night, another knifing attack is reported at the north Jerusalem Qalandiya security checkpoint on a Border Guard officer. It’s reported that his security vest saved him serious injury. He managed to get off a shot, and the attacker is dead.
We think it's terribly important that people notice how many of the attackers are children. Their weaponization by Palestinian Arab society - is a reality that some would prefer not to confront - including some of the darker corners of the news media:
|Source: Aljazeera today: Finding new ways to bring the word "allegedly" into|