|From the JMI website|
So what are they going to do?
What have they already done? (JMI's website remains unchanged. No mention in their Twitter stream.)
What will it take for them to see the damage that incitement to murder produces?
Why do they not themselves see how their actions contradict their own professed values, without being yelled at by a bereaved couple from Jerusalem?
The funders, strategic partners, and providers of “in-kind, financial or technical assistance” to Jordan Media Institute include
- , Sweden
- via its international development aid agency, AusAID
- via its international development aid program
- European Union via the
- German government
- Journalists for Human Rights
- Netherlands government
- Norwegian Institute of Journalism
- Reporters Without Borders
- Saatchi and Saatchi, the global ad agency
- The Swedish Institute
- The United Kingdom government (a British parliamentary delegation paid a formal visit to the Jordan Media Institute just a week ago: report)
We, and some other people we know, have made or are today making contact with all of them, and waiting for them to act decisively.
In case you missed it, the background is here: "10-Dec-14: In the Arab world's most promising new journalism school, a passion for murder and hatred".
Where is the coverage of this outrageous affair by the mainstream reporters and their editors? Not report-worthy?
Is this another one of those toxic and embarrassing developments in the Arab world that (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) somehow fails - yet again - to rise to the level of importance that justifies sober exposure in the news?