|Gaza aftermath [Image Source]|
- Many of Gaza's 1.8 million people ventured into the streets in search of food, medical supplies and other staples, taking advantage of the 72-hour pause in Israeli shelling and airstrikes. Others who had been living in shelters returned after a month of war to their homes or what was left of them. They foraged through the rubble to salvage what they could. Some wandered through their neighborhoods, surveying the damage. "We don't want any more war," said Umm Mohammed Ja'al, an elderly woman from Gaza City's Sabra neighborhood who said 20 men from her family had been killed. "We want the killing to stop. We lost our houses. There were many casualties, a crazy death toll."
- Hamas official Moussa Abu Marzouk says the terror group has not agreed to an extension of the 72-hour ceasefire, set to expire Friday at 8 a.m., Ynet reports.
- 06 August 2014 23:44 | The denial came shortly after an Israeli official said that his government had agreed to extend the ceasefire with Palestinian factions in the Gaza Strip. Senior Hamas leader Moussa Abu Marzouq has denied reports about extending a three-day ceasefire with Israel in the Gaza Strip. "There is no agreement on extending the lull with Israel," Abu Marzouq wrote on his Twitter account on Wednesday. The denial came shortly after an Israeli official said that his government had agreed to extend the ceasefire with Palestinian factions in the Gaza Strip. Israel and Palestinian factions are observing an Egyptian-brokered three-day ceasefire in the Gaza Strip since Tuesday. Israel has since completely withdrawn its forces from the besieged Palestinian enclave. The two sides are currently in Cairo for indirect talks aimed at reaching a long-term ceasefire agreement...