|European Court of Auditors headquarters |
A respected journalist from the Times of London saw the pre-publication report in October. He then published an article that made headlines on the basis that it showed that
"Billions of euros in European aid to the Palestinians may have been misspent, squandered or lost to corruption, according to a damning report by the European Court of Auditors..."
- "several aspects of the programming of funding need strengthening"
- "there is scope for savings by making more use of competitive tendering"
- "the complex management system currently in place needs simplification"
|Powerful motto. What does it mean?|
- Is this going to be another EU whitewash of the corruption that has been so central to the descent of Palestinian Arab society into a vortex of terrorism and depravity? We already know that the perpetually out-of-funds PA has mysterious money sources behind them sufficient to make it possible for them to engage in such nauseating stunts as awarding vast cash gifts, huge salaries and the granting of senior PA military and civil service ranks to men convicted of vicious crimes against unarmed civilians who were sentenced to life terms, and then freed from Israeli prison under conditions of extortion ["Abbas gives every freed prisoner $50,000 and a top job", Times of Israel, November 18, 2013].
- Is this a preview of how things are going to be now that the UN has declared 2014 to be the International Year of Solidarity with the Palestinian People?
- Is the kid-gloves treatment by the organs of the EU (if that's what we're seeing) of PA malfeasance, corruption and terror-financing going to meet with indifference and apathy by the Europeans whose money is being manipulated and whose interests are supposed to be at the top of Brussels' list of concerns?