|Rachel's Tomb on Jerusalem's southern margin: The fortifications|
are a result of the ceaseless acts of violence perpetrated
by Palestinian Arabs despite - or because of - the site's unparalleled
The chronology below is a continuation of the reports we have published in recent months based on information received via the Tayar Security Report, with some editing and annotating by us. Yehudit Tayar produces her invaluable bulletins on the basis of first-responder, police and army reports.
Tuesday August 14, 2012
- The security authorities allow us to reveal that an Arab was arrested in the Shechem (Nablus) area arising out of a police investigation into the poisoning of a Ra'anana family. It is believed the suspect broke into the family's home and placed poison into a beverage container that he found in the residence. The husband is critically injured as a result of the poisoning; his wife, and the grandmother, plus a toddler and a police officer are all moderately injured as a result of poisoning.
- At sunset and just as the Sabbath was commencing, a traveler in the hills near Eilat came across the remains of a rocket - evidently one of the rockets that had been fired at Eilat on Wednesday night (see "15-Aug-12: Double explosion in Eilat tonight seems to be terrorist rocket fire, but they're still checking")
- The Border Police post at Rachel's Tomb, situated on the Jerusalem side of Bethlehem and one of the Jewish people's most beloved historical shrines, came under attack by Palestinian Arabs equipped with Molotov cocktails and rocks. Property damage resulted, but fortunately no injuries.
- South of Shechem (Nablus) at or close to the Hawwara security checkpoint, Arabs traveling in a vehicle mounted a rock-hurling attack at the passengers and driver of an Israeli vehicle. Yehudit Tayar writes: "I wish to point out that the press does not relate to the continuous attacks and acts of attempted murder of innocent Israeli travelers on the roads."
- Near El Arub on the Gush Etzion-Hebron road: An Israeli bus belonging to the Gush Etzion Development Authority came under attack by rock-throwing Arabs. The bus was carrying Israeli youngsters. Such rock-throwing attacks have become very common in that area, as well as elsewhere in Judea and Samaria.
- IDF allows us to release this: The Shabak (Israel Security Agency) and the IDF apprehended the members of a terror cell back in May 2012. This was evidently part of the activity of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine. The PFLP follows a Marxist-Leninist line, and is the second-largest of the groups forming the Palestine Liberation Organization, after Fatah. The terror gang members were preparing to execute shooting attacks and kidnappings in order to acquire bargaining chips to secure the release of currently-imprisoned terrorist colleagues. Their intended targets included the heavily-traveled security crossing at Maccabim-Re'ut on the major Highway 443 artery serving Jerusalem.
- The road connecting Kiryat Arba and Hebron: Palestinian Arabs attacked a young Israeli cyclist with rocks.
- The Azuz Junction near Karnei Shomron: Several Israeli vehicles came under rock attack by Palestinian Arabs.
- A rocket was fired from Gaza into a location within southern Israel. Yehudit Tayar says: "I am not at liberty to disclose the location for reasons of national security."
- Adam Junction (Tsomet Adam) in the Benjamin Region: An Israeli vehicle comes under rock attack by Palestinian Arabs and is damaged.
- The community of Itamar, near Bet Faruk, in the Shomron (Samaria district): An Israeli driver reports to the IDF that he saw Palestinian Arabs preparing to launch a Molotov cocktail attack at him. Some time later, a different Israeli vehicle is attacked near Bet Faruk - the perpetrators appear to be Palestinian Arabs hurling Molotov cocktails. The IDF initiated an investigation of the attack.
- North-west of Ramallah, between Rantis and Beit Arye/Ofarim: An Israeli driver reports that Arabs attacked him with rocks. The IDF is investigating.
- Abu Dis, north of Bethlehem in the Jerusalem suburbs: A group of Palestinian Arabs throws Molotov cocktails at a Border Police post.