“An UNRWA education system which develops the full potential of Palestine Refugees to enable them to be confident, innovative, questioning, thoughtful, tolerant and open minded,upholding human values and religious tolerance, proud of their Palestine identity and contributing positively to the development of their society and the global community”.
- The UNRWA jobs website is currently advertising for teachers to serve in Gaza. It seeks only two specific subjects of expertise: English and what is termed "religious education". Review the curricula, sample exams and other insights into this "religious education" and you quickly understand (perhaps it was already obvious to you) that this is all about one religion, and a particularly malevolent expression of it.
- The Maghazi Prep School for Girls boasts its explicitly Quranic agenda. The school's vision is to see to it that the girls raise a generation of children ready to "defend their country."
- A lesson from the Nusseirat Primary School website on honoring one's parents quotes Quranic and other Islamic sources bewailing "the news of Muslims in Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan... you who wish to join the ranks of the Mujahideen and Jihad with them against the Jews and the Crusaders".
- A recent photo essay and another from last May depicts an UNRWA school observing what it calls Quran Day, celebrating children who memorized the Quran.
- UNRWA social studies sites expound on the importance of Jerusalem to Muslims and Christians. The significant to Jews? Look elsewhere.
- EoZ links to a poem about the "rape" of Palestine by the Zionists; essays about the beauty of becoming a martyr; stories of young men who asked their parents for permission to wage jihad and who died heroically.
- Should the UN be in the Islamic education business?
- How much of UNRWA's budget goes towards "religious education?"
- Are Western donors to UNRWA even aware that they are funding these lessons?
- Shouldn't someone ask UNRWA about this?
What is it about UNRWA that the Arab states understand better than the nations and tax-payers of the West?