|Beit Ummar: A previous rock/block attack on an Israeli woman |
and her passengers - we reported on this in February 2012
- Three policemen from the Border Guard are moderately injured in Kedum from rocks hurled at them by Palestinian Arabs. One is evacuated to Belinson Hospital in Petah Tikva for medical treatment; two others suffer leg injuries.
- The security checkpoint on Route 443 near the community of Maccabim: An Israeli driver presents with head injuries; he reports that he picked up a pair of apparent hitchhikers who then attacked him with a bottle, causing him injuries, and tried to wrest control of the car from him, evidently without success. He is evacuated to Jerusalem's Sha'are Zedek Hospital with moderate injuries.
- The Gush Etzion-Hebron highway near the Palestinian Arab village of Beit Ummar, scene of many rock-throwing attacks causing injuries and damage to Israeli vehicles: rock attacks described as massive are mounted by crowds of Palestinian Arabs who block the highway in both directions. Soldiers of the IDF attend and attempt to restore order. They are encircled and attacked by the Palestinian Arab mob. One resident of Bet Umar is taken into custody by the soldiers. Order is re-asserted only after a IDF presence is deployed at the scene, and the safety of vehicles passing by is re-established for the present. Beit Ummar's town mosque straddles the traditional tomb of Amittai, father of Yonah (known as Jonah to English speakers), one of the Biblical prophets. (The Moslems refer to the tomb as Nabi Matta.)
- The vicinity of Neve Zuf and close to the hot-spot Palestinian Arab village of Nabi Salah: Palestinian Arab crowds congregate to hurl rocks and attack Israeli civilian vehicles passing on the road. IDF soldiers are despatched to the area to disperse the attackers.
- Near El Arub on the Gush Etzion-Hebron highway: Palestinian Arabs attack Israeli vehicles - including a civilian bus - with rocks.
- Haramia Valley in the Mateh Binyamin region: Palestinian Arabs attack passing Israeli vehicles with rocks
- Route 443 near the Dor Energy petrol station: Three firebombs, or Molotov cocktails, as well as a pipe bomb are thrown at passing Israeli vehicles. We have no reports of injuries.
- The vicinity of Ofra in the Mateh Binyamin region: Palestinian Arabs from the village of Betin attack Israeli vehicles with rocks, causing damage to several of them. We have no reports of injuries.