|Palestinian Arab human rights demonstrator|
protesting in the village of Nabi Salah [Image Source].
The UNICEF logo on the human rights activist's shirt
in this archive photo has no significance
whatsoever; none at all. Please focus solely on his human rights.
Monday June 18, 2012
- Along the security fence near Kibbutz Be'eri (population: ~800), in the north-west corner of Israel's Negev desert: An unarmed Arab is caught after he penetrated from Gaza.
- Near Betar Illit: Several firebombs (Molotov cocktail) are hurled at Israeli vehicles
- The Gush Etzion-Hevron road near the town of Bet Umar, a constant troublespot for passing motorists: Several rock attacks (again) on Israeli vehicles; property damage is caused
- The Palestinian Arab village of Katna: Two IDF Special Police Force soldiers are moderately injured by rock throwers; evacuated to Hadassah Ein Karem Hospital in Jerusalem for urgent treatment
- Vicinity of the Palestinian Arab village of Borin, in the Shomron (Samaria district): Rock throwing attack on an IDF patrol
- Nabi Salah: Overnight rock throwing attack on a Border Guard patrol; an Israeli officer is injured and hosptialized for treatment
- Abu Dis in Jerusalem's eastern suburbs: Firebombs hurled at an IDF patrol.
- Close to the Qalqilya security check post, an Arab is apprehended by alert IDF soldiers; he is found to have 3 pipe bombs on his person. These are safely detonated by IDF sapppers.
- One small result of the day's massive rocket bombardment on southern Israel by the terror groups of the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip: A mortar lands on the grounds of Kibbutz Sufa (population: 45 families) causing a fire to break out. It is extinguished with no injuries.
- Shechem (Nablus): Jewish pilgrims numbering 1,200, accompanied by an IDF security patrol to ensure their safety (given the grim history of previous such visits) approach the Tomb of Joseph the Patriarch. They come under fierce rock and gunfire attack near Balata. An IDF soldier is injured and evacuated for urgent hospital care.