|Israeli Border Guard servicemen pose at the Kotel |
Israel National News says two Palestinian Arab men were apprehended by alert Border Police officers during Nakba Day (Tuesday - today) after their conduct aroused suspicion. As with several other very similar recent incidents, the men's bags and clothing were searched, and they were found to be carrying four pipe bombs, an improvised pistol and a large quantity of ammunition. Sappers were called in to explode the pipe bombs safely, and the two Arabs are now in the hands of the security services for interrogation.
Tapuah Junction and its environs are becoming a focus for terrorist activity. Previous arrests and seizures in the area include:
- January 8: Two men, 12 pipe bombs, a combat knife
- April 11: One man, multiple improvised explosive devices, three knives, 50 bullets.
- April 21: Two youths, with 5 pipe bombs, a gun, and ammunition
- April 24: Two Arab men, 4 improvised bombs
- April 28: Two Arab men, 4 pipe bombs
- May 7: A youth, 3 pipe bombs