|A Jordanian citizen, Ahlam Tamimi is a proud, confident and free |
mass murderer: In the video clip from which this screen shot is taken,
she explains how her goal in the Sbarro massacre was to kill religious Jews,
especially children. [Video source]
The savagery celebrated by the Palestinian Arab crowd cost 15 human lives, 8 of them children, all of them Jews. One was our daughter Malki, 15.
The ceremony and the events leading up to it received wide media coverage in the Arabic-speaking world. For instance, we found brief video extracts here and here, as well as an official Hamas-authorized video "invitation" here to encourage people to attend. Longer videos of the live coverage are here and here with notably solemn and respectful interviews of the dead man's family here. Photographs are at the bottom of this post.
The event itself was made possible by Israel's incomprehensible handing over last week of the decomposed remains of Izz Al-Din Al-Masri. He was the human bomb whose explosion caused a massacre in the center of Jerusalem on August 9, 2001.
The woman who set up the massacre and selected the site - the Sbarro pizza store at the corner of Jaffa Road and King George Avenue in the commercial heart of Jerusalem - has gone on record proudly asserting that she sought a target where she and the human bomb could murder a large number of (a) religious Jews and (b) religious Jewish children. (A sixteenth victim, a young mother, has been left in a comatose state for more than a dozen years.)
Wednesday's funeral celebration took place in the northern Samarian town of Tubas. Personages representing both the Mahmoud Abbas-controlled PA and the Hamas terror organization took part. A PA National Security Forces military vehicle provided transport for the human bomb's remains. The PA military adorned the funeral procession, and the PA-appointed governor of Tubas, Rabih Al-Khandaqji, took part and eulogized al-Masri and his barbarism. So did the PA-appointed mayor of the human bomb's town.
Palestinian Media Watch, an indispensable source for anyone wanting to know what the Palestinian Arabs hear from their leaders when they think no one else is listening, this afternoon published a summary of the media coverage.
Some key statements:
- “The popular gathering around the blood of Izz Al-Din Al-Masri is an honest and true expression of our people’s yearning for national unity and unity of action.” [Jamal Abu Ara, the mayor of Aqqaba, a village where the human bomb had lived]
- “The flags of the political parties were raised at this national wedding...” [Government-controlled PATV reporter] [Wedding, according to PMW's analysts, is a reference to the disintegrated body being united with his 72 heavenly virgins.]
- The "victorious" "martyr" "has returned to make those who loved him happy, just as he made them happy on the day he carried out his operation 13 years ago... [that] gave the Zionists a taste of humiliation" [Hamas-controlled Al-Aqsa TV News]
- "The citizens expressed their pride in Izz Al-Din's heroism, along with the thousands who gathered to accompany him on his final journey, and they did not forget all those who played a role in this operation." [Hamas-controlled Al-Aqsa TV News]
- "Congratulations, my son, on your Martyrdom, praise Allah. You obtained what you sought, praise Allah..." [Mrs al-Masri, the human bomb's mother]
- "I salute Ahlam Tamimi who brought Izz Al-Din to his battlefield (she was released in the Shalit transaction despite having been sentenced to 16 life terms and lives today free as a bird in Jordan); I salute Qais Adwan (responsible for 77 acts of murder); I salute Abdullah Barghouti (maker of the Sbarro bomb apparatus; now serving 67 life sentences); I salute Ahmed Al-Ja'abari (a blood-drenched Hamas chief; his homicidal career ended in explosive circumstances in 2012); I salute Muhammad Deif (another blood-drenched Hamas chief and arch terrorist), and first and foremost, I salute prisoner Jamal Abu Al-Hija (now serving 9 life sentences for multiple murders)." [Hamas leader Ahmad Nimr Abu Ara on Hamas' Al-Aqsa TV]
- "Our Martyrs are not [mere] numbers in the occupation's cemeteries, but heroes who watered the pure land of Palestine with their blood..." [PA governor of Tubas Rabih Al-Khandaqji]