|Convicted, entirely unrepentant Palestinian Arab terrorists unjustly freed |
as the ransom price for the freedom of an Israeli hostage, October 2011 [Image Source]
The IDF and Shin Bet's near-complete intelligence network in the area has enabled the arrest of five terror cells in the Ramallah sector in the past four months alone, all of which were planning to abduct soldiers. The defense establishment believes the timing was not coincidental, as all of the plots were set to be executed on or around the anniversary marking the release of 1,027 Palestinian prisoners in the Shalit deal. The coming weeks will see dozens of former Palestinian prisoners return to the area, after the term of their imposed exile – stipulated in the deal – will end. [More]
The father of the imprisoned terrorist Abdullah Barghouti says that that his son told him that Khaled Meshaal plans a "surprise" on the issue of prisoners in Israeli jails, without giving further details. The father said in an interview with Al-Quds TV morning this morning that his son told him the surprise will be revealed at the right time. According to him, Meshal told the mother of another prisoner, Hassan Salameh, during a meeting with families of prisoners on Sunday: "I swear to God, I swear to God, I swear to God, a plan to free all the prisoners in safety." [More]
There is abundant and growing cause to deeply regret the extorted decision that led to October 2011's mass release of unrepentant killers and other terrorists from Israeli prisons.
Some additional blog posts from us on the same theme:
- 13-Jul-12: "Noticeable increase in attempted terror attacks since Shalit transaction"
- 17-Apr-12: Turns out the terrorists freed for Shalit are still doing terrorism. Who would have thought it?
- 18-Dec-11: Freeing still more convicted terrorists, and unanswered questions
- 3-Nov-11: The mass, premature release of hundreds of unrepentant murderers has triggered a debate about introducing the death penalty in Israel
- 18-Oct-11: "The statistical likelihood of more murders in the wake of a mass release of terrorists... is a certainty"
- 11-Oct-11: Murder's reward