|This image appears on the website of the Hamas Ministry of the Interior.|
They want you to know their children are being raised to kill and be killed.
So whose problem is that? [Image Source]
No, this is a posting about those many polite international organizations, those major governments of Europe and the Americas, those global humanitarians, those statespeople and moral leaders who will again today, as they have till now, avert their gaze from the obvious child abuse on a huge scale and - in the most genteel of fashions - proceed to ignore the self-cultivated barbarism that has become daily life in places like Gaza.
No self-respecting observer can claim to be unaware that the leadership cadre of Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad are deliberately establishing a death cult. The reports are explicit; the photographic evidence is well-publicized and ubiquitous; the savages have never made a secret of the sickening abuse of children in which they engage. On the contrary, they want everyone to know. And so do we.
Here's an extract from a news report by Elhanan Miller ["13,000 teens complete Hamas training camps to emulate ‘suicide martyrs’"] and posted on the Times of Israel site several hours ago:
- The Hamas government in Gaza celebrated the graduation on Monday of paramilitary camps geared at training high-school children “to follow in the footsteps of the suicide martyrs.” The camps, titled “the pioneers of liberation,” are run by Hamas’s ministries of education and interior.
- Some 13,000 students in grades 10-12 participated in the one-week training camps this year, compared to 5,000 last year when the program was launched...
- The corps of instructors consists mainly of active members of Hamas’s security forces, and the curriculum includes weapons training, first aid, self defense, marching exercises and “security awareness” classes on identifying Israeli spies.
- Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh, Interior Minister Fathi Hammad and Education Minister Usama Mzeini attended the graduation ceremony on Monday, each delivering fiery speeches stressing the importance of military training in developing a new generation of Palestinian combatants.
- “Beware this generation,” Haniyeh said, addressing Israel. “This is a generation which knows no fear. It is the generation of the missile, the tunnel and the suicide operations.”
- Hammad, the interior minister, said the training was in preparation for the coming war with Israel. “This generation is a sapling from God on earth. It will harvest the enemies of God and be the pride of all nations,” he said.
We are the pioneers of liberation. We are coming to purify you from the Zionists...Children trained to see themselves as being in the purification business learn too late that in reality they have been reprogrammed, repurposed, rewired to become human bombs.
That is what the grotesque men of Hamas have wrought. Professing to be advancing their version of religious values, those men have induced children who ought to be acquiring the skills that will bring them a good and productive life to instead become adept at slaughtering and being slaughtered.
And there's this: all the Islamist martial music and military imagery cannot conceal the ugly reality that a Hamas attack has almost invariably meant hitting unarmed children (first), women and men. The massacre at a pizza shop in the center of Jerusalem in which our daughter Malki was murdered along with many others is the paradigm. It exemplifies what the Hamas brand of 'combatants' is trained to do.
As for Hamas launching an assault on a fighting force of armed Israelis, when did that ever happen?
As we said, none of this is news. Certain parts of the mainstream media have delicately poked at these stories from time to time. Activist supporters of the case for Israel, we among them here on this blog, have addressed it often. Our posts, for instance, have included (among many others):