|Palestinian Arabs expressing themselves in customary|
fashion in Jerusalem on Friday [Image Source: Mussa Qawasma/Reuters]
Here's how the rest of Friday developed.
Adiv Sterman writing ["Six Israelis injured in clashes in Jerusalem and West Bank, hours after terror groups call for third uprising"] in Times of Israel on Friday, says "violent demonstrations flared up Friday in several locations throughout Jerusalem, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip" hours after exhortations from Hamas and Islamic Jihad spokespersons calling for a "Third Intifada" against Israel. The results included multiple Israeli injuries.
- In Jerusalem, three Israeli border policemen were lightly injured by young Palestinian stone throwers during a protest near the Old City’s Damascus Gate. Thirteen Palestinians were arrested over the disturbances.
- IDF soldiers dispersed a demonstration outside the Ofer Prison near Ramallah according to the Ma’an News Agency which said the Palestinians threw rocks and burned tires outside the facility and the IDF responded with tear gas, stun grenades and rubber bullets.
- Another policeman was injured by stones during clashes in the Jerusalem Arab neighborhood of Shuafat. Four Palestinians were arrested in relation to that incident.
- An IDF soldier was lightly wounded by a stone hurled at him near the village of Beit Ummar, north of Hebron. The soldier was treated by a military medical team at the spot and did not require additional medical assistance.
- Dozens of Palestinians in Hebron pelted a military checkpoint with stones and lit nearby garbage canisters on fire. The IDF responded by firing rubber bullets at the protesters. At least four Palestinians were lightly injured by IDF bullets, the Associated Press reported.
- Stone throwers targeted an Israeli vehicle near the West Bank village of Ni’lin, outside Ramallah. One Israeli citizen was injured. He was taken to Tel Hashomer hospital and treated for minor wounds.
- The IDF detained two Palestinians carrying fire bombs near Bethlehem. (From Israel National News, we know that about a hundred Palestinian Arabs rioted next to Rachel's Tomb, situated on Israel's southern flank and abutting Bethlehem. They threw rocks at Israeli security forces.)
- In northern Gaza, the IDF dispersed a demonstration of Palestinians who were marching toward the Israeli border fence, reported AP. The army said troops fired tear gas to break up the crowd of around 300 protesters.