|Moderate loquacious Larijani [Image Source]|
At various times, he has been described as
- "a more moderate conservative" [Chicago Tribune, June 12, 2012] compared with Ahmedinejad
- "a moderate politician" [Financial Times, London - May 2012]
- "a relative moderate" [Baltimore Sun, 2007]
- "a loquacious 55-year-old regime insider... seen as close to Iran’s supreme leader, Ali Khamenei, who has in recent years curbed Ahmadinejad’s authority" [Al Arabiya, May 28, 2012].
- "Though Zionists kept bluffing in the past few days, their fear is quite apparent from their tone."
- "The resignation of the United Nations special envoy in Syrian affairs Kofi Annan together with the ceaseless trend of the US officials’ visits to the region, their contacts with the regional politicians and their military support just prove the failure of international hooligans."
- "The intervention of the US officials in Syrian affairs is nothing but a part of their global adventurism."
- "There was still hope that the US possessed a minimum of wisdom but after the developments in Iraq and Lebanon the hope totally faded away."