The chronology below picks up from our previous posting of Sunday, July 15, 2012 [here] that is based on information received (and then edited and annotated by us) based on the Tayar Security Report. Yehudit Tayar creates her bulletins from first-responder, police and army reports.
Friday July 20, 2012
- Rocket fired from Gaza lands in open field [our report on this is here]
- Arabs attacked Israeli bus with rocks near El Fuar, southwest of Hebron causing damage
Saturday July 21, 2012
- Rocket fired from Gaza lands in open area near the Erez Crossing.
- Adjacent to the security fence of the Kiryat Arba community: Arabs attacked Jewish girls with rocks
- Near the community of Itamar in the Samaria district (Shomron): Israeli vehicles came under rock attack by Arabs, causing damage to the vehicles.
Sunday July 22, 2012
- Security report of fire directed at bus carrying military personnel near the Philadelphi Route, between Carmit and Har Sagi. Damage is reported but fortunately no injuries.
- Near El Arub on the Gush Etzion-Hebron road - again, an Israeli bus comes under rock-and-block attack by Arabs.
- Near Halhul, north of Hebron on the Gush Etzion-Hebron road: Arabs attack an Israeli bus with rocks
- Bet Anun, north of Kiryat Arba on the Gush Etzion-Hebron road: Another Israeli bus comes under rock attack from Arabs
Monday July 23, 2012
- The Abu Snena neighborhood of Hebron: IDF soldiers arrest an Arab, and find he is in possession of a 9.5 cm knife. The matter is now under police investigation.
- Near Bet Anun, north of Kiryat Arba (again): An IDF vehicle comes under rock attack by Arabs. Three IDF soldiers are injured and their vehicle is extensively damaged.
- Mivtarei Halhul on the Gush Etzion-Hebron road: A terrorist attack in which rocks are propelled from a fast-moving Arab vehicle towards a fast-moving Israeli vehicle. This happened at the exact same location as the lethal terrorist attack on Friday September 23, 2011 that resulted in the deaths of Asher Palmer and his year-old son Yonatan. [Our report at the time was called "25-Sep-11: "Only" rock throwers - but now a father and his infant son are dead"]. In Monday's attack, significant damage is caused to a vehicle driven by a woman resident of Kiryat Arba. In addition a police van and two Arab vehicles are damaged by rocks in the same attack.
- Again near Mivtarei Halhul, north of Hebron: A separate rock attack by Arabs on an Israeli bus shatters the windshield.
- Near the Arab town of Beit 'Ur El Fuqa ("Upper house of straw"), which is adjacent to the Biblical community of Beth Horon and the modern Israeli community of Beit Horon: Arabs hurl rocks at Israeli vehicles traveling on the major arterial Route 443 connecting Ben Gurion airport, Modi'in and Jerusalem. They shatter windshields but so far nothing worse. We ourselves have been struck in previous years by rocks hurled by Arabs standing on the ridge overlooking the highway.
- Between Asaf Hill and the community of Psagot in the Benjamin region: More rock attacks by Arabs on recognizably Israeli vehicles
- Near El Arub on the Gush Etzion - Hebron road (again): Rock-hurling Arabs attack Israeli vehicles causing damage to an Israeli bus and to a large number of Israeli vehicles.
- Near Yitzhar in the Samaria district (Shomron): Arabs attack recognizably Israeli vehicles with firebombs aka Molotov cocktails as well as with rocks .
- Adjacent to the Nablus Gate in Jerusalem's Old City: A female police officer is struck in the head and injured by rocks thrown by Arabs.
Tuesday July 24, 2012
- Tel Romeida, near Hebron: Following the massive Arab rock attack against an Israeli man bathing in the ancient spring at the site on July 19 [reported here], it is now known that he is hospitalized with internal bleeding following the attack. The state of his injuries is designated as moderate.
- Sussia in the Southern Hebron Hills: A crowd of Arabs and political activists gathered on the outskirts of the community and executed a riot. Large numbers of IDF and Israel Police service personnel were brought to the site to restore order. The area was declared a "closed military zone".
- A rocket is fired from Gaza and crashed into Arab-controlled territory described as "across from Reim".
The Tayar Security Report is compiled by Yehudit Tayar based on inputs from the Hatzalah Yehudah and Shomron organization, cleared and confirmed by the IDF.