|Asserting their right to political expression: Rock-throwing |
Arabs [Image Source]
Thursday July 12, 2012
- Kiryat Arba: The electrified security fence was set ablaze by local Arabs, not for the first time. The Kiryat Arba fire fighting unit was sent out to extinguish the flames.
- Near El Aroub on the Gush Etzion-Hebron road: An Israeli vehicle comes under rock-and-block attack from Palestinian Arabs, causing damage to the vehicle.
- Near the Cave of the Patriarchs in Hebron: Arabs attacked with rocks and rods a field-tractor with a medic onboard. The tractor belongs to the emergency rescue medics of Hatzalah Yehuda and Shomron, and the attack occurred in broad daylight. The IDF carried out a search for the perpetrators.
- Erez region, adjacent to the Gaza Strip: An armed terrorist is eliminated by IDF forces while attempting to open fire. He was spotted some 100 meters from the security fence separating Gaza and Israel. [See our report: 13-Jul-12: "Noticeable increase in attempted terror attacks since Shalit transaction"]
- Hebron: Close to the Cave of the Patriarchs, in broad daylight, Arabs set fire to a container filled with equipment and Jewish holy books belonging to Bet HaMachpela and its recently expelled residents. These items had been placed there, between two military posts, following the expulsion of Jewish families from the house.
- In Hevron, an IDF patrol comes under Arab rock attack in the middle of the day.
- Gush Etzion-Hebron Highway near El Aroub again: An Israeli bus comes under rock attack by Arabs. There is property damage but no injuries.
- Hebron: In the children's playground in Bet Hadassah, Arabs hurl detonators at Israelis.
- Near Jabel Ju'had , an IDF patrol post comes under attack by a large group of Arabs. Soldiers fire into the air to defend themselves.