Monday, January 07, 2008

7-Jan-08: The unbearable lightness of thuggish hatred


You raise people in a religiously-inspired environment of poisonous wall-to-wall hatred and this is what you get:

Palestinian caught with knife says wanted to 'murder Jews'
Jericho resident detained near Rishon Lezion, tells detectives ' I couldn't find work in Israel and I do not have a stay permit, so I decided to murder Jews'
A 29-year-old Jericho resident suspected of planning a stabbing attack was apprehended by Rishon Lezion police Sunday evening near the Beit Dagan Junction in central Israel. The Palestinian said he had entered Israel in order to "murder Jews" because he could not find work. He was later transferred to Shin Bet custody. During a search of the man's body security personnel found a large kitchen knife, which was apparently meant to be used in the planned attack. The police station in Rishon Lezion received word of a man wandering near the Beit Dagan Junction at the entrance to the city, where numerous bus stops are located. Patrol cars were dispatched to the scene and the Palestinian was apprehended. "I couldn't find work in Israel and I do not have a stay permit, so I decided to murder Jews," the Palestinian told the police officers as he was being handcuffed.
Again: "I couldn't find work in Israel so I decided to murder Jews." Rishon Lezion is a suburb of Tel-Aviv.

No comments: